Starting today we will be giving away a pair of concert tickets to see Jay Z during his Magna Carta World Tour stops in Los Angeles, New York, and Houston. Over the next few days, we’ll be selecting one lucky winner from our email subscriber list at random for each of the cities. Here is how to enter:
1) Go to Localeur.com
2) Scroll down the page and sign up for the e-newsletter with your full name and email.
3) You will then be automatically entered for a chance to win!
4) Winners will be selected at random per day and notified via email the following business day.
There are so many amazing cities around the world, but we’re proud to call #Austin home. Today, @AustinMonthly’s Best of the City issue hit newsstands and we were named the Best New Startup! Considering how diverse and vibrant Austin’s technology community is, with companies getting VC backing and growing rampantly all around us, it’s truly an honor to receive this honor just 9 months since our debut and without VC funding. There’s only one place to go from here…global! Tell your friends to join the #experiencelocal movement today! (at City of Austin)
Straight West Coastin, Localeur is in LA!
Special thanks to everyone who made it out to our LA launch party and helped us celebrate the launch of our fifth city on Localeur! We had a packed house at Blind Barber in Culver City (big thanks to Josh and Co.) and partied while DJ House Shoes and MICK curated the musical selection spreading good vibes all around.
It is an exciting time for us at Localeur with Los Angeles now in our community, and in even bigger news our iPhone App is scheduled to launch very soon. The City of Angels has plenty to boast about: near perfect weather practically every day, it’s the birthplace for some of the best street wear brands like The Hundreds and Diamond Supply, and the entertainment industry is a global force. More importantly, it’s our Localeurs who we’re excited to hear from and share with travelers around the world because essentially they represent the locals who keep this grand city moving. Cheers to you Angelenos for allowing travelers to #experiencelocal in your city.
- Miss Local
[Photos by Chase White @reallychase]
We’re looking for a design intern (entry-level) who’s passionate about local and interested in helping Localeur create digital products. We need someone who understands millennials and appreciates cool design. This opportunity will be paid $125 a week and requires 10-15 hours weekly for a 3 month term with the potential for a full-time opportunity later on.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in both web and print design.
- A simple and clean design aesthetic.
- Passionate about design, local and travel.
- Looking to expand your portfolio with real-world experience.
- Can juggle multiple projects and work independently.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to create your own graphics, icons, promotional materials, etc.
- Support the product team with graphic development and testing.
- Support marketing efforts with flyers, promotional items, and other graphics for both online and printed material.
- Help wherever you can. We’re a startup!
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year college with focus in design or recently graduated.
- Design related past internships preferred
Why work at Localeur:
Localeur is a fast growing travel startup based in Austin, Texas. Here you’ll join a growing, strong, fun and ambitious team. You will gain plenty of hands-on experience and insight into how a startup functions to jump start your career, and have some fun along the way.
In your application, please provide:
- Brief explanation of why you would be a great fit for Localeur
Please send information to email@example.com
A couple months ago, we introduced our local music discovery program in earnest. As we grow, we believe this will be one of the ways for Localeur to introduce you to emerging new bands and musicians around the world based on our intimate knowledge of the cities we are in. We have started out by introducing some of you to Brooklyn-based duo Denetia and Sene and their amazing, soulful debut album his and hers. Soon, we’ll be introducing you all to the music of Austin’s own @thewindthewave another duo whom just today announced their global recording deal with RCA Records! We know this may make it harder for @pattykinskins to share recommendations, but we also know she’s doing exactly what she loves to do. Congrats!!
October was a busy month for us with the opening of our first office here in Austin and the kickoff of our event series with Bonobos. With November upon us, we’re extremely excited to add Los Angeles to our community as the fifth city for Localeur. For those of you in L.A. we look forward to seeing you at Blind Barber on the 9th!
We’re really excited about our next local event with Metaxa. This one will be at Farewell Books, one of the best local bookshops in Austin.
Hey San Francisco guys! We’re hosting an event with our friends at Bonobos! Make sure to RSVP to join us!